Friday, September 21, 2012

Balanced Life: Doable?

Friday, September 21, 2012
First, I must s/o my fellow bloggers b/c consistently blogging is a definite feat! I have been wanting to write for the last 48 and have just now got around to do it, which leads me to the topic of the day: balance! How does one find the time to work, go to school, connect w/ the rest of the world and the heavenly Father, keep the house in order, mellow out, shop, and eat (amongst so many other things)?

This will be the first of many posts that address this topic, but what I will encourage each of you to do (right now) is break down the day into components of physical, emotional/mental, social, academic, and spiritual pieces to ensure all-around quality health.

What I have done recently is learned to meditate an hour in the morning when I wake up and an hour at night before turning in. An hour may not be feasible for some, so take whatever time you can, even if it is simply turning your computer off while you gobble down your sandwich for 2-3 minutes before your meeting that you are already late for.

What I do during this time is either think or create (which has been the case more recently). Realizing that incorporating your passion somewhere in your day, i.e. creativity = what makes you tick, is like that vacation you dream about on your 9-5; what you have been saving for or the reason you haven't yet quit your gig. Creative meditation is the getaway you've been looking for and it helps keep you sane throughout your long days and even longer nights. Find something that you've wanted to do and indulge! I.DOUBLE.DOG.DARE.YOU

0 comments: